- Founded in: 1993
- Location: Balat, East Khasi Hills, Meghalaya
- Diocese: Shillong
- Demographics: Rural, Tribal
- Ministries: Pastoral Care, Education, Health Care, Community Development
- Partners in Mission: Visitation Sisters of Don Bosco
This Mission is situated at the international boarder of Bangladesh. The Parish has now 54 villages with a catholic population over 8,053 (1,424 families). The two major tribes served through this mission are Garos and Khasis. There are also present other minor populations of Bengalis, Nepalese, Hajong, and Assamese. The Mission has one center school – St. Peter’s Secondary School – which offers up to Grade X and currently has 1,199 students and 28 teaching staff. Besides this, there are four village schools (at Ryngku, Balat, Dolai Malai, and Pathaghat) that offer education to a total of 528 village children with the help of 16 staff. There are two hostels having a total of 60 inmates.
- Upgraded Infrastructure for St. Peter’s School.
- Establishment of village schools for students who would otherwise be deprived of education.
- Diverse ministries through various pious associations and social skill development programs.
- Strong youth animation ministries and value based education.
- Upgrading the school to higher secondary grade (Grades XI & XII)
- Scholarships and Endowments to support the education of tribal youth
- Staff Quarters
- Indoor and Outdoor Sports & Games facilities.
- Catechetical and pastoral training for community leaders.